Quality and Patient Safety Data Coordinator
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery is seeking a full-time research assistant to support the Quality and Patient Safety program. This full-time position is best suited for recent college graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine, public health, or health policy. Applicants should have a strong academic record, be creative, and are motivated to learn. Furthermore, the candidate must possess superior organizational, administrative, time management and communication skills with the ability to interact professionally at all levels.
Educational opportunities include full spectrum exposure to various aspects of healthcare: clinical, research, and administrative.
The Quality and Patient Safety Data Coordinator will be instrumental in assisting our team with initiatives to measure quality and safety in orthopaedic care. This will include collection, analysis, and report of outcomes and clinical performance data as well as initiatives to facilitate quality improvement projects in various Orthopedic specialities. The individual will report directly to Dr. Jon JP Warner, the Quality and Patient Safety Chair, and Dr. Laura Rossi, the Quality and Patient Safety Program Manager for the Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
Position Type: Full-Time, one-year commitment required, two-year commitment considered.
Data collection and analysis
- Provides support for quality measurement involving selected patient chart audits and/or data collection for ongoing Department-wide initiatives
- Creating and maintaining datasets for ongoing research and improvement initiatives
- Identifies and confirms appropriate procedures to validate data and ensure data quality and integrity
- Perform statistical analysis of data consistent with established methods for analyzing health care quality and patient safety data
- Communicates with clinical investigators to understand available quality and patient safety data in relation to orthopedic surgery and opportunities for improvement
- Provide support in designing specific quality improvement projects and data analysis plans
- Provide support in implementing and facilitating department-wide quality improvement projects
Other administrative duties as assigned
- Assist in grant, abstract, and manuscript preparation
- Participate in team meetings pertaining to quality and patient safety
- Assists with meeting schedules, meeting minutes and agendas as appropriate
- Interacts with the IRB on behalf of the quality and safety team as needed
Questions about the position should be directed via email to the current Quality and Patient Safety Data Coordinator, Jacob Esarco (Jesarco@mgh.harvard.edu).
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and one sealed letter of recommendation to the email addresses below:
Jacob Esarco (Jesarco@mgh.harvard.edu)
Laura Rossi (LROSSI@mgh.harvard.edu)
The application deadline is February 28th, 2021.